There's a hypocrite living inside all of us. Mine just so happened to make her appearance this morning.

After piling up soapboxes all week and lecturing y'all about being good Earthlings, today made a hypocrite of me. As an admitted snooze button addict (yes, I really do push the sucker upwards to 12 times every morning), it was only a matter of time before my snoozing caught up to me.

By this I mean, I rolled over on top of my alarm clock (mid-snooze) and overslept by an hour and a half instead of my usual hour. Realizing I couldn't make it to the bus, I packed up my Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle and drove into work.

Upon reaching work, I noticed two things: 1) I'd forgotten coffee. 2) I'd forgotten my coffee mug. The only thing to do in a situation like this is to support my local coffee stand and buy a coffee (unfortunately served in a styrofoam cup) to save my brain cells from implosion due to lack of caffiene.

Where does Karma come in here? Since my carbon footprint from April 23 ended up being significantly larger than my size 5.5 Mary Jane flats, the Universe punished me by giving me food poisoning from the third of a cup of half-and-half that I insist on pouring into my coffee.

Universe you win... I'm going to drink ginger ale and go to bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment