Consider this an intervention of sorts (although not nearly as horrifying as this, for obvious reasons).

Meet Kitty Foo Foo Tail, the latest addition to my friend Melanie’s household:


I met Melanie in college when we were both RAs together. Our first conversation was about cats and the fact that she missed the five (yes, F I V E) cats she’d left at home. We bonded over our similar snarky (read: cat-like) personalities and the fact that we were both half-hearted vegetarians**.

I quickly discovered that Melanie not only likes cats, she loves them as much as I love eating whipped cream directly from the container. When she decided to start a family of her own and adopted Allie Cat, I was pleasantly surprised considering that I expected her to adopt a mother and five kittens and start wearing afghans to work.

However, in the past nine months, the cat addiction has reached fever pitch. It all started with a cat show where she arrived with a ticket to see over groomed felines and left with a stray cat named Neville. More recently, she’s added Kitty Foo Foo Tail to the menagerie.

How does one intervene in the case of a cat addiction? I have no idea but this might help…


If this was my cat, I’d name it Vin Diesel.

*not me personally, you jerks.

**sometimes you have to let the bacon win.

2 comments:

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

Too funny- love it - I know I have a problem (umm, admitting is the first step...)
Chris and I have adopted a cat almost every year we have been dating- at this rate we are going to have to open our own shelter...

Anonymous said...

Proves that cats as well as cat people have problems!

Post a Comment